Spruntheus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Spruntheus! Come join us and talk about everything from game news to education. Share your music and videos here too!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"SNN: Spruntheus News Network!"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
exIge97
The Producer
The Producer
exIge97

Number of posts : 1298
Favorite hobbies : Gaming... Guitars... Transformers... Iron Man... Movie Making... N+... Yea...
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Player RP Stats
Health:
"SNN:  Spruntheus News Network!" Left_bar_bleue1/100"SNN:  Spruntheus News Network!" Empty_bar_bleue  (1/100)
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Main Weapon: Dual Handed Dagger

"SNN:  Spruntheus News Network!" Empty
PostSubject: "SNN: Spruntheus News Network!"   "SNN:  Spruntheus News Network!" EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 4:12 pm

Well "Wha? News!" didn't seem to appealing, and uncreative, so I decided SNN would be better.

ESA on Universal Media Ratings?

I'm the God Damn... Sergent?

Hot or Not?...?

Batman in Guinness?

FIND OUT!

ESA Rubbish Idea of Universal Media Ratings

ESA VP Rich Taylor has attacked plans by the FCC to hold an inquiry into taking the USA onto a single rating system for all media, calling the idea unconstitutional.

The FCC has unvieled plans to investigate the possibility of unified ratings for media across all platforms, based on the findings of a report to Congress on the 31st of August that questioned whether children are harmed by inappropriate content such as sex, violence and obscenity.

The FCC's report will be the preliminary steps into determining whether new laws are required. A move towards a unified rating system would take the USA put of step with the other major games markets where games are regulated by industry based bodies.

Predictably, the ESA aren't especially keen on the idea as VP Rich Taylor made clear in a statement: "The ESA appreciates the FCC and its important role however, the ESRB rating system is considered by parents, family advocates, the Federal Trade Commission, and elected officials as the gold standard in providing caregivers with the information they need to make the right choices for their families."

"Universal ratings will, in the end, only serve to confuse consumers, violate the Constitution's first amendment, and are a solution in search of a problem," he added.

Dark Knight Composer Scoring Modern Warfare 2

Hans Zimmer, the Oscar winning composer behind The Dark Knight score, will be making his debut writing music for videogames when he scores Modern Warfare 2.

You can rest assured that all those epic moments in Modern Warfare 2 will have an appropriately grandiose soundtrack. Hans Zimmer, the composer behind the scores for The Dark Knight, Gladiator and Rain Man, will be writing music for Infinity Ward's upcoming blockbuster. The Hollywood Reporter broke the news, which was confirmed by Infinity Ward community manager Robert Bowling.

Modern Warfare 2 will figure as Zimmer's first foray into writing music for videogames. He joins the company of names like Harry Gregson-Williams (he did the Metal Gear Solid scores and the main theme for the first Modern Warfare) as Hollywood composers with videogame scoring work on their resume.

You might be most familiar with Zimmer's work in recent times for his Dark Knight score, but the guy's done quite a bit in addition to that, notably having received an Academy Award for his work on The Lion King in addition to nominations for quite a few others. All I can say is that if Modern Warfare 2's music is anywhere near as good as The Dark Knight's, we'll be in for quite a treat.

Hot or Not? ...?

Uh... well... I don't really have a Hot or Not topic this week... So... uh... here's a lolcat!

"SNN:  Spruntheus News Network!" Lolcat-funny-picture-found-pills-ate-eat

Guinness: Arkham Asylum Is Most Acclaimed Superhero Game Ever

It might have only come out this week, but Batman: Arkham Asylum is already in the record books. Guinness World Records just declared the well-reviewed title the "Most Critically Acclaimed Superhero Game Ever."

According to the numbers, Batman: Arkham Asylum's doing pretty well when it comes to winning over the minds of jaded videogame reviewers. Currently sitting pretty at the top of the Metacritic pile with a 91 Metascore, it's clear enough that there are many people out there who are digging The Caped Crusdaer's latest...erm, crusade.

Whether or not the game passes the test of time remains to be seen, but Guinness World Records would seem to not give a damn, because they've awarded Arkham Asylum with a unique accolade: the World Record for "Most Critically Acclaimed Superhero Game Ever." Arkham Asylum had undoubtedly stiff competition in this most vaunted of categories, having needed to best other notable superhero game masterpieces like Iron Man and Superman 64.

"We are so pleased to be awarding Batman: Arkham Asylum a Guinness World Record," Gaz Deaves of Guinness World Records said. "It is a fantastic new game and due to the reaction of gaming experts we believe it has a well deserved place in the Guinness World Records book."

In all seriousness, the record itself might be a tad ridiculous (not to mention fishy), but from what I've heard (and what little I've played) of Arkham Asylum, it certainly is a few notches above your average superhero game. I might say that X-Men the arcade game deserves this honor more than Arkham Asylum, but I guess this will do.
Back to top Go down
necro_bowser
Spruntheus Government Official
necro_bowser

Number of posts : 478
Favorite hobbies : 3 LETTERS ONLY TF2....exept the 2
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Player RP Stats
Health:
"SNN:  Spruntheus News Network!" Left_bar_bleue100/100"SNN:  Spruntheus News Network!" Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Class: Necromancer/Deathblood
Main Weapon: Staff

PostSubject: Re: "SNN: Spruntheus News Network!"   "SNN:  Spruntheus News Network!" EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 1:40 am

good idea, thx mark. Im too lazy too look this shit up, so ill add my own little thing here.

about 2 days ago it was said that the thrid batman (said to be released in 2011) will not be starring megan fox as cat woman. Many geeks were dissapointed, because the fake news of megan fox auditioning for a character wearing all black leather with a whip was....fake....very sad indeed...but at least we know a 3rd one will be made, maybe featuring catwoman.

I myself want to see ivy again, or the penguin guy...not stupid 2 face....or w/e....lol penguin guy...
Back to top Go down
exIge97
The Producer
The Producer
exIge97

Favorite hobbies : Gaming... Guitars... Transformers... Iron Man... Movie Making... N+... Yea...

Player RP Stats
Health:
"SNN:  Spruntheus News Network!" Left_bar_bleue1/100"SNN:  Spruntheus News Network!" Empty_bar_bleue  (1/100)

PostSubject: Re: "SNN: Spruntheus News Network!"   "SNN:  Spruntheus News Network!" EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 12:25 pm

I personally want to see Hayley Williams as Ivy
Back to top Go down
necro_bowser
necro_bowser

Player RP Stats
Health:
"SNN:  Spruntheus News Network!" Left_bar_bleue100/100"SNN:  Spruntheus News Network!" Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: "SNN: Spruntheus News Network!"   "SNN:  Spruntheus News Network!" EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 5:08 pm

who?

oh yeah...well i personally wanted to see charlee chaplin play as hitler in INGLORIOUS BASTARDS, but that didnt happen so...meow
Back to top Go down
exIge97
The Producer
The Producer
exIge97

Player RP Stats
Health:

PostSubject: Re: "SNN: Spruntheus News Network!"   "SNN:  Spruntheus News Network!" EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:34 pm

"SNN:  Spruntheus News Network!" Hayley-williams-hairstyle-23997

"Hayley Williams is the lead singer singer of the band Paramore.

After moving to Franklin, Tennesee when she was young, Williams met Josh Farro (lead guitar) and Zac Farro (drums), who, at the time, already had their own band. She later met Jeremy Davis (bass) while singing in a funk cover band. They later came together to form Paramore.

Williams is known for her vibrant, red hair and spunk. She is adored by many teenage boys (And girls) across the country."

^ Found on Urban Dictionary
Back to top Go down
TheROFLcopter
Spruntheus Cabinet Member
TheROFLcopter

Number of posts : 634
Favorite hobbies : futbol americano, Call of Duty 4, TF2
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Player RP Stats
Health:
Class: Monk/Priest
Main Weapon: Fists

PostSubject: Re: "SNN: Spruntheus News Network!"   "SNN:  Spruntheus News Network!" EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 8:32 pm

i'd hit it
Back to top Go down
necro_bowser
necro_bowser

Player RP Stats
Health:

PostSubject: Re: "SNN: Spruntheus News Network!"   "SNN:  Spruntheus News Network!" EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 12:36 am

i would not quit it...
Back to top Go down
TheROFLcopter
TheROFLcopter

Player RP Stats
Health:

PostSubject: Re: "SNN: Spruntheus News Network!"   "SNN:  Spruntheus News Network!" EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 7:58 pm

i'd pit it...
Back to top Go down
exIge97
The Producer
The Producer
exIge97

Player RP Stats
Health:

PostSubject: Re: "SNN: Spruntheus News Network!"   "SNN:  Spruntheus News Network!" EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 8:11 pm

COCK JOKE
Back to top Go down
TheROFLcopter
TheROFLcopter

Player RP Stats
Health:

PostSubject: Re: "SNN: Spruntheus News Network!"   "SNN:  Spruntheus News Network!" EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 9:31 pm

PENIS
Back to top Go down
craazzyazn
craazzyazn

Number of posts : 454
Favorite hobbies : SHOOP DA WOOP
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Player RP Stats
Health:
Main Weapon: Ninja Sword

PostSubject: Re: "SNN: Spruntheus News Network!"   "SNN:  Spruntheus News Network!" EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 9:37 pm

ok ok ok guys zip up ur pants its serious time......
i tried the demo for archam asylam (excuse my spelling) for pc and i also tried it out at gamestop for the 360, this is one game that i think is a better game for the 360...
sure the gameplay is great, but theres to much mouse spamming, every attack you must click repetadly, and to use batman's special weapons, the player must reach across the whole keyboard... its perfectly made out for the 360. Asylum is a great game excellent game play and use of his weapons. Over all, its an awsome game. the only complaint one might have is the spead of the fight scenes. greatly slowed down to the point of iritation... But if u want to act like a ninja, asylum is perfect for you, plenty of sneakying around and knocking people out from behind...(a little like splinter cell possibly)
Back to top Go down
TheROFLcopter
TheROFLcopter

Player RP Stats
Health:

PostSubject: Re: "SNN: Spruntheus News Network!"   "SNN:  Spruntheus News Network!" EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 8:27 pm

stfu azn no one cares for ur opinion
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "SNN: Spruntheus News Network!"   "SNN:  Spruntheus News Network!" Empty

Back to top Go down

"SNN: Spruntheus News Network!"
Page 1 of 1