Spruntheus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Spruntheus! Come join us and talk about everything from game news to education. Share your music and videos here too!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Wha? News!" Part 2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
exIge97
The Producer
The Producer
exIge97

Number of posts : 1298
Favorite hobbies : Gaming... Guitars... Transformers... Iron Man... Movie Making... N+... Yea...
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Player RP Stats
Health:
"Wha? News!"  Part 2 Left_bar_bleue1/100"Wha? News!"  Part 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/100)
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Main Weapon: Dual Handed Dagger

"Wha? News!"  Part 2 Empty
PostSubject: "Wha? News!" Part 2   "Wha? News!"  Part 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 3:56 pm

Petition to StarCraft II?

Wolverine Sequel gets new writer?

Hot or Not? ASSASSIN'S CREED 2! (wtf?)

Ubisoft dev quits kinda epically?

FIND OUT!

Petition to StarCraft II to Bring LAN Back

"At the end of June, Blizzard announced that StarCraft 2 would not support LAN play. This did not go down well
with fans of the series, and they did what gamers do in this kind of situation, they started a petition.

Blizzard may have brushed it off in July, when the petition only had 13,000 signatures, but in the last six weeks,
things have changed significantly. At the time of writing, the total number of signatures stood at 100,452.
To put that into perspective, the boycott against Left 4 Dead 2 had a little over 41,000 supporters, and that seemed to work pretty well.

The question now is whether or not Blizzard, more correctly called Activision-Blizzard, is going to pay any attention.

If you want to sign the petition, you can find it here."

Wolverine Sequel Getting New Writter

"The sequel to hit movies X-Men Origins: Wolverine will be written by Academy Award winning screenwriter Christopher McQuarrie. McQuarrie,
who won an Oscar for 'The Usual Suspects' in 1996, contributed to the script for the original X-Men movie in 2000, but later removed his name
from the credits after the final script turned out to be much more like David Hayter's version.

The sequel will loosely follow the 1980s storyline created by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller that charted Wolverine's travels in Japan and his
battles with ninjas. What's even more interesting about this though, is McQuarrie's long association with Bryan Singer, who directed the first
two - and best - X-men movies. It could just be coincidence, but seeing the director return to the franchise would be welcomed by most fans."

Hot or Not? ASSASSIN'S CREED 2! (in a game way...)

"Wha? News!"  Part 2 Assassins_creed_2_black_edition_display

'Nuf said... btw... IT'S AN EUROPE AND AUSTRALIAN EXCLUSIVE! *VERY ANGRY FACE >:(*

Ubisoft Dev Quits the Same Way He Came, a Flash Game

"Leaving your job is always a tricky business. You're happy because you're hopeful to move onto greener pastures, but at the same time you're
afraid of new things. It's an experience full of optimism and apprehension, and, undoubtedly, awkwardness. How do you tell your colleagues that
you're saying goodbye to them without inadvertently saying you're leaving them behind? For William David, a Ubisoft developer, the answer was
to do it the only way he knew how: by making a game.

In Leaving, you control a character by scrolling from left to right, as you move away from a giant theater with the Ubisoft logo on its marquee.
As you pass across black-and-white screens to a graceful Frank Sinatra soundtrack, you encounter other figures. They'll ask you why you're going,
they'll tell you not to go, they'll urge caution. Some will express encouragement, though they're not exactly cheering you on. When you reach
the final screen, you have to make a literal leap of faith. Easy enough to do in a videogame, maybe not so easy in real life.

It's really a very touching experience, not as much of a "f**k you, big company" as you might expect, probably closer to Jason Rohrer's
popular "art game" Passage, though obviously it's not nearly as grave as that. Mostly it seems to be David's way of communicating to
people why he decided to go, why he needs to go and what it's been like for him. I found myself empathizing with the player character
in a surprising way: I would stop moving when a person talked to me, as if I were hesitating myself, and when I got to the final "leap of faith,"
I tried to make the character turn back. "No way back," it said, the only thing it seems to be able to say in the game.

David is apparently starting on a career as an indie developer. I wish him good luck, though he seems to be off to a decent start already."

Last edited by exIge97 on Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
necro_bowser
Spruntheus Government Official
Spruntheus Government Official
necro_bowser

Number of posts : 478
Favorite hobbies : 3 LETTERS ONLY TF2....exept the 2
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Player RP Stats
Health:
"Wha? News!"  Part 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100"Wha? News!"  Part 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Class: Necromancer/Deathblood
Main Weapon: Staff

PostSubject: Re: "Wha? News!" Part 2   "Wha? News!"  Part 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:45 pm

ounce again, response to everything: WTF....
Back to top Go down
TheROFLcopter
Spruntheus Cabinet Member
Spruntheus Cabinet Member
TheROFLcopter

Number of posts : 634
Favorite hobbies : futbol americano, Call of Duty 4, TF2
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Player RP Stats
Health:
"Wha? News!"  Part 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100"Wha? News!"  Part 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Class: Monk/Priest
Main Weapon: Fists

PostSubject: Re: "Wha? News!" Part 2   "Wha? News!"  Part 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 10:27 pm

Quote :
'Nuf said... btw... IT'S AN EUROPE AND AUSTRALIAN EXCLUSIVE! *VERY ANGRY FACE >Sad*

guess we're taking a "fly" trip to europe. WOOT WOOT
Back to top Go down
exIge97
The Producer
The Producer
exIge97

Favorite hobbies : Gaming... Guitars... Transformers... Iron Man... Movie Making... N+... Yea...

Player RP Stats
Health:
"Wha? News!"  Part 2 Left_bar_bleue1/100"Wha? News!"  Part 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/100)

PostSubject: Re: "Wha? News!" Part 2   "Wha? News!"  Part 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 10:49 pm

i c wat u did thar
Back to top Go down
exIge97
The Producer
The Producer
exIge97

Player RP Stats
Health:

PostSubject: Re: "Wha? News!" Part 2   "Wha? News!"  Part 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 10:54 pm

EDIT: fixt url in petition story
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Wha? News!" Part 2   "Wha? News!"  Part 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Wha? News!" Part 2
Page 1 of 1